Welcome relief to our simulated dynasty with the Western Illinois Leathernecks in College Hoops 2K8. That it is possible you’ll well presumably salvage a rotund clarification of this challenge + spoiler-free links to outdated seasons here. Take a look at out the introduction to this assortment from early April for rotund context. As a reminder, we simulate every sport on this assortment and handiest relief watch over the recruiting and instructing options.
Earlier than we earn to Year 22, here’s a recap of all the pieces that came about final season:
- Coming off a historically dominant nationwide championship escape the outdated season for our third title in program historical previous, the Leathernecks entered the new year making an strive to return-to-relief for the predominant time. We returned four starters but misplaced standout flee Wilky Henry to the NBA. We commence up the new season ranked No. 18 in the preseason polls.
- We went 5-5 in the non-convention time desk before sweeping Summit League play all over again. We then captured the Summit League match title to lock in our automatic show to the NCAA match. We enter the NCAA match as a No. 9 seed at 26-5 on the year.
- We beat No. 8 seed Michigan, 87-65, in the predominant spherical. Our season came to an stop in the spherical of 32 against No. 1 seed Xavier, who beat us 90-60.
- We recruited for four commence scholarships. We landed our absolute most life like-rated recruit ever and first ever All-American with 6’6 vitality ahead J.J. Bracy, who is ranked No. 24 total and No. 2 at his way. We also purchased commitments from four-well-known individual level guard Alexis Willingham, No. 2 ranked center Dick Copeland, and 4-well-known individual capturing guard Skip Clemmons. Our recruiting class ranked No. 5 in The United States, our easiest attach but.
Here’s a be aware at our roster for Year 22:
We commence the year ranked No. 19 in the preseason polls. We’ve infrequently been ranked preseason, so that is encouraging in particular brooding about what we misplaced. Famous individual vitality ahead Allen Cunningham has graduated after among the finest careers in program historical previous. Point guard Tron Whaley and center Pat Giddens savor also moved on to the NBA.
This goes to feel savor an fully new group even as we return two starters. Let’s meet the lineup. Click on the participant’s title to describe their rotund ratings.
- PG Jamie Burke, redshirt junior, 89 total: The 6’2 guard enters the starting lineup after backing up Tron the final two years. Burke is the group’s easiest passer with a 94 rating and has A grades in both escape and quickness. He’s subpar for a shooter (75 rating from in the aid of the arc) but we’ve loved his aggressive drives as a spark high-tail off the bench. Can he step up his sport as he takes over as a starter? Dilapidated No. 71 total recruit.
- SG Mathew Alloway, redshirt junior, 91 total: Alloway has been a starter since his freshman year. Now a junior, we’re reckoning on him to change into a widely known individual. The 6’7 guard can attach it all, blessed with the most life like shoot-dribble-high-tail skill area for the way whereas also being a very upright defender. The ideal plan back is that his delivery leads him to recurrently turn three-level makes an strive into prolonged twos. Alloway feels savor our most versatile participant. It’s doable we would possibly well pass him to level guard if we earn determined in the NCAA match. Dilapidated Mr. Basketball out of Minnesota and No. 31 total recruit. Projected first spherical draft make a choice.
- SF Wilbur Ager, redshirt senior, 94 total: Can Ager purchase the the same senior year soar that Wilky Henry as soon as frail to change into a Leathernecks yarn? Our NCAA match hopes are reckoning on it. Ager is our lone senior after a exact profession on the flee the outdated couple of seasons. While no longer an elite three-level shooter (76 rating), his skill area is stable all the way in which during the board. He’s also one of the smartest gamers on the group with A- grades in consciousness on both ends of the ground. Dilapidated No. 110 total recruit out of Chicago.
- PF LF Neal, redshirt junior, 90 total: Neal enters the starting off after backing up Allen Cunningham the final two years. The 6’10 mountainous man is well-organized skinny at 207 kilos, but he’s among the finest pure athletes we’ve had. Neal grades out as an A+ in vertical leaping and has A- grades in rebounding on both ends. Will he give us adequate capturing at the four? Dilapidated No. 137 total recruit.
- C Kevin Brazzle, redshirt junior, 91 total: The huge 7’2 center was as soon as projected as a first spherical draft make a choice after his sophomore year, but chose to return relief for one more season. Now a projected high make a choice in the NBA draft, Brazzle enters the starting lineup for the predominant time hoping to etch his title into the prolonged list of large amenities at Western Illinois. Brazzle is snappy (A grade in escape) for someone his size, and likewise has upright consciousness on both ends. A+ grade in defensive rebounding. Dilapidated No. 127 total recruit.
We’ll savor four gamers off the bench this year. Redshirt sophomore center Artie Snipes is the predominant 300-pounder in program historical previous and will seemingly be our sixth man backing up both front court spots. 6’10 little ahead Jitim Dupree, 6-foot sniper Koko Reeves, and 6’2 capturing guard Edwin Wolfe impact up the relaxation of the rotation.
We also welcome four new incoming freshman to this system from final year’s recruiting class. That is our easiest recruiting haul ever, ranking No. 5 in The United States. All four gamers will redshirt.
- PF J.J. Bracy, 81 total with C doable. Dilapidated No. 24 total recruit and No. 2 at his way. Bracy is both the ideal rated recruit and absolute most life like rated freshman in program historical previous, per reader Evan’s Leathernecks Recruiting Database. Perfect 6’6 but already has a B grade in three-level capturing.
- C Dick Copeland, 75 total with A doable. Dilapidated No. 114 total recruit and No. 2 center. Highest doable rating in program historical previous. Perfect 6’8. We’re hoping both of our front court guys will grow.
- PG Alexis Willingham, 76 total with C doable: Dilapidated No. 68 total recruit has already grown an jog to 6’3. Initiatives as an elegant three-level shooter. Needs in exclaim to play either guard area.
- SG Skip Clemmons, 75 total with C doable. Dilapidated No. 38 total recruit would possibly well swing to little ahead with out dropping any aspects on his total rating.
With handiest one senior, we savor handiest one scholarship to recruit for this year. We would prefer either one other flee to in the destroy be a part of the timeline of ultimate year’s recruiting class. Because we handiest savor one scholarship to recruit for, we are in a position to unquestionably swing for the fences. After surveying the class, I resolve to explain my visits on the following gamers:
- SG Joseph O’Hara, No. 1 total participant
- SF Lavell Radziejewski, No. 41 total participant, No. 7 at his way
Why no longer high-tail exhausting after the No. 1 total recruit? That is the year to attach it. Radziejewski looks unquestionably upright too as a 6’6 flee who hit 42 percent of his threes, so he’s a ideal backup thought. I also load up my target lists with other doable options if I’m going over on both.
We even savor a recruit to impact this year for the winner of ultimate year’s bracket contest: reader Justin. I requested him portray the vogue of participant he famous and that’s what he despatched me:
I’d be a 6-7 capturing guard (in case you are going to high-tail taller at SG, I come up with the vitality to attach so) with deep fluctuate and slashing abilities, with above moderate rebounding and doubtlessly subpar defense. A skewed model of Reggie Miller. We’re going with jersey amount 10, curly immediate hair, mustache, left and appropriate wristbands, and ankle socks. And in case you are going to resolve city, impact it Chicago, Illinois.
Performed and completed. We’ll attach one other bracket contest for this season. Be taught to the stop of this put up for facts.
We commence the year as a 98 total. Taking a be aware the pinnacle-25 poll, I don’t peek any group rated increased than us. We’re now ready the put it feels savor we are in a position to compete for a title ever year, no topic who graduates or leaves for the professionals. Let’s high-tail!
Licensed season opener: @ Illinois
We commence the new season with our opponents in Champaign all over again. Illinois unquestionably made the match final season and be aware fundamental more daring this year. We now wish to explain we restful escape this negate.
Capture, 88-78! That’s how you commence a season. I savor what Alloway and Ager did on the wings, and be aware at Brazzle stress-free his destiny as the following large Leathernecks center. Let’s relief the momentum going.
Next up we savor No. 15 Florida. The Gators had been sick on this simulation, so I will handiest take this would possibly well merely be strong as heck. Let’s high-tail.
Capture, 93-88! Hell yeah. Ager was as soon as large, ending with 22 aspects on 7-of-10 capturing and repeatedly forcing his system to the free throw line. That’s exactly what we need out of him. Brazzle (26 aspects) was as soon as also huge again. This dude is aggressive offensively at 7’2. I don’t peek how any individual goes to pause him given how few upright amenities there on the total are all the way in which during the nation.
2-0! We’re up to No. 16 in the polls.
Now we savor Charlotte, one other repeatedly upright program on this sim. I scheduled this sport pondering we had a created participant, Ben Remis, on this group, but he it looks became expert early ensuing from he’s no longer on the roster. This will most likely be one other strong one regardless.
Loss, 71-49. Woof. Offense appropriate kind fully fell aside. A mountainous goose egg for Ager. Brazzle and Snipes had been upright in the heart and pretty fundamental all americans else had an off night. We tumble out of the polls. Onward.
We now savor some unsuitable news on the recruiting front: Radziejewski, who we in the destroy equipped, is in way to commit to LSU. I provide O’Hara but we haven’t been in a way to impact any development with him but. With the early signing interval now starting, I’ve began to scour what’s left for backup plans. It appropriate kind doesn’t feel savor landing O’Hara is life like as the pinnacle total recruit in the nation.
Next up: No. 6 George Washington. GW is loaded this year, and starts feeble created participant Steven Frye in the heart. No straightforward video games on the time desk this year, it looks.
Loss, 89-81. Nice effort but we tumble immediate. I savor what Dupree did off the bench with 18 aspects on 5-of-8 capturing. Another upright sport for Ager and one other double-double for Brazzle. We would prefer more out of our starting backcourt. Frye had 16 aspects for GW. Wouldn’t be surprised in the event that they’re spherical deep in the NCAA match.
We face No. 7 North Carolina in Chapel Hill subsequent. We streamed this sport on Twitch. As a reminder, I’m no longer controlling Western Illinois, we’re appropriate kind staring at a simulated sport.
Loss, 108-103. No no longer up to that was as soon as stress-free? The first half was as soon as neck-and-neck (no pun supposed), but equally to our NCAA match loss to Xavier final year, the Heels smacked us out of halftime. I switched to a rotund court press defense that purchased us relief into the sport, but we appropriate kind couldn’t earn adequate stops to resolve. I’ve never viewed a bunch shoot as well from three as North Carolina did on this one. Fairly encouraging loss, I have faith, equipped that a) UNC is with out doubt among the finest groups in the nation, b) we are in a position to’t reasonably attach a question to our opponents to shoot that well against us again.
Next up: Clemson. The Tigers are large each and each year on this simulation, as well.
Loss, 76-58. Factual a terrible offensive sport — we’re no longer going to beat any individual capturing 3-of-14 from deep. Brazzle is trucking but he wants more lend a hand. That 2-0 commence looks so prolonged in the past. Fortunately, we savor our two early convention video games this week, and we resolve both with out agonize.
Support on the recruiting front, we restful savor so fundamental ground to impact up on O’Hare, the No. 1 total recruit in the nation, despite being his handiest provide. It appropriate kind feels savor I’m drawing pointless on this one. I resolve to rescind the provide and as an different lengthen a scholarship to one other All-American capturing guard: 6’2 Albert Jagla of Plano, Texas. He’s rated as the No. 17 total recruit in the nation and will most likely be our high-rated recruit but if we are in a position to land him.
Support on the court, we savor a sport against Syracuse. It’s been four straight non-con losses for us. Will we in the destroy earn a dub?
Capture, 72-57. Brazzle and Ager carried us again. I savor what Snipes has been giving us at backup center as well. We wanted that one.
Now we savor St. John’s. That is one other winnable sport that we wish to savor.
Capture, 81-66. Peek at these four starters in double-figures. Nice to be aware Alloway earn hot from in the aid of the arc to attach with 16 aspects whereas also making an impact on defense with four shares. Alloway bringing his A sport feels fully mandatory for our NCAA match probabilities. Staunch to be aware Neal savor a nice day day out at vitality ahead as well, I feel savor he’s been one thing of a forgotten man to this level.
Next up is No. 6 USC. This goes to be a real test. I’m ecstatic we had the opportunity to earn our self belief up the final couple weeks, but that is what the opposition goes to be aware savor in the match. Let’s earn it.
Capture, 79-66. Alloway goes bonkers: 25 aspects on 5-of-7 capturing from three. Another double-double for Brazzle to high-tail with six shares. That would possibly well be a feel upright resolve, in particular when Ager’s minutes had been so restricted thanks to snide ache.
Support on the recruiting front: it’s going to be tight for Jagla. We’re at 100 percent hobby with his high provide, but Missouri is closing snappy, and Jagla looks to be looking ahead to an LSU provide that hasn’t come but. I have faith we must restful be in way to land Jagla as prolonged as the Tigers don’t provide.
Next we savor South Florida. USF is a bubble group this year, but they’ve skill, most particularly our created participant from this previous season: 7-foot freshman center Rudolpho Butt Jr. Will we impact it four straight non-con wins in a row?
Loss, 96-85. May maybe presumably maybe merely need been the most life like sport of Brazzle’s profession and we restful purchase the L. Now not easy. We would prefer more out of Ager, who played 37 minutes and completed with one (1) level. Now not gonna cut it. I am ecstatic to be aware Alloway is getting hot, a minimal of. Butt completed with 15 aspects starting at center as a upright freshman. I appropriate kind know he’s going to be an all-timer.
Closing non-convention opponent is Arkansas.
Capture, 74-63. Burke goes off for his easiest sport of the season with 17 aspects and seven assists. Alloway and Brazzle proceed to provide constant offensive punch. I’ll also give a shoutout to the bench for all scoring a minimal of five aspects in the victory.
We attach 6-5 in non-convention play this year, which is pretty upright given the gauntlet we confronted. I restful think we’ll seemingly wish to resolve the Summit League convention match to earn into the mountainous dance. We’ve gone undefeated in convention play the final four seasons, so let’s relief it rolling. Will we sweep the Summit again?
Yup. We high-tail unbeaten against convention opponents all over again for a ideal 18-0 imprint in the league. Let’s purchase a be aware at this year’s statistical leaders:
Brazzle with an limitless year: 22.3 aspects and 6.3 rebounds per sport. He wasn’t well-organized atmosphere friendly as a scorer and doesn’t savor three-level fluctuate, but I have faith having an aggressive 7’2 center must restful relief us well in match time. Alloway was as soon as above 40 percent from three-level fluctuate all over again and I savor the bench production out of Dupree and Snipes.
Let’s lock up the auto-show in the Summit League match.
Summit League match
First up we savor Oakland.
Capture, 77-43. Brazzle pops off for 33 aspects on 11-of-18 capturing from the ground. Alloway adds 13 and Dupree adds 10. Next up is North Dakota Whisper.
Capture, 97-69. 27 for Brazzle, 13 for Ager, 12 for Alloway, and 14 for Snipes and 13 for Koko Reeves off the bench. Now we savor Citadel Wayne in the title sport.
Capture, 98-49! That scoring distribution is exactly what we’re going to need in the dance. I’m ecstatic to savor the auto-show, but restful a diminutive bit interested by how our non-con slate will have an effect on our seeding.
Both system, ecstatic to be in again. Let’s attach that.
2028 NCAA match
Successfully, shit. The committee jobbed us again. We’re a No. 11 seed with a first spherical matchup against No. 6 UConn.
UConn has been repeatedly aesthetic at some stage in this sim, recruiting and lengthening as well as any program in the nation. They’ve received nationwide titles. They’ve knocked us out in the Elite Eight before in Year 18. It’s going to be a heavyweight matchup and I will’t think we’re having it in the predominant spherical.
Here’s a be aware at UConn’s roster. Opinion that their head coach is VCU’s coach from 2007 — that’s Anthony Grant. Here’s how the two groups matchup.
Both groups rated as a 100 total in a 6-11 matchup in the predominant spherical? Sheesh.
Invent no mistake: we’re loaded this year. Honestly, this roster feels savor it’s doubtlessly in the 90th percentile of the most life like rosters I’ve ever had at Western.
Ager joins the hallowed 96 Membership. Alloway as a 94 total two guard with size and capturing skill is large for us. Brazzle is 7’2 — savor I mentioned that but? Burke and Neal will wish to explain themselves, but they’ve the skill to attach it. I savor what we savor on the bench with a monster center (Snipes), a mountainous flee who can form of shoot (Dupree), and a pint-sized gunner who is our easiest three-level shooter (Reeves).
Our prize if we beat UConn? A seemingly date with No. 3 seed Maryland. Sure, Maryland also looks to savor a stacked roster and they’ve also been very upright at some stage in this sim.
We’re streaming Western Illinois vs. UConn on Sunday, September 13 at 8: 30 p.m. on Twitch. But before that, we wish to roar the annual bracket contest.
Be a part of our bracket contest!
We’ve been working a bracket contest for the outdated couple of seasons, and it’s been a ton of stress-free. We’re opening it up to any individual who desires to enter as prolonged as you turn in your bracket before we movement our first NCAA match sport on Sunday, September 13 at 8: 30 p.m. on Twitch.
That is all the pieces you wish to know:
How does scoring work?
We explain an unprecedented scoring structure. You earn one level for accurately guessing the winner in a first spherical sport, two aspects for accurately a winner in a spherical of 32 sport, four aspects for accurately guessing a winner in a Sweet 16 sport, eight aspects for accurately guessing a winner in an Elite Eight sport, 16 aspects for accurately guessing a winner in the Last Four, and 32 aspects for accurately guessing the nationwide champion.
Can I peek the rosters for the other groups?
Sure. That it is possible you’ll well presumably salvage the rosters for every group on the particular aspect of the bracket in the East and West regionals here. That it is possible you’ll well presumably salvage the rosters for every group on the left aspect of the bracket for the South and Midwest regionals here. Factual arrow over to scroll during the rosters.
How attach I enter?
1. Click this link to commence the interactive bracket.
2. After opening, in the pinnacle left make a choice File> Invent a Duplicate
3. Invent your picks
4. Within the pinnacle left, make a choice File and either “Portion” and part with email@example.com or “E-mail as attachment” and email as an Excel file (no longer PDF please!) to firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as your picks are entered, you are going to be aware scoring with Sean’s Blog Team app that works on desktop and mobile.
What does the winner earn?
The winner gets to impact themselves or a character as a five-well-known individual recruit before subsequent season. We received’t high-tail after the created recruits at Western Illinois to assist the integrity of the sport, but we’ll be aware the profession of your character at some stage in our assortment.
Please enter the bracket contest and be a part of us on Thursday, ensuing from it’s going to be unquestionably stress-free. Here’s the particular technique to be aware Western Illinois vs. Michigan in the NCAA match on Sunday, September 13 at 8: 30 p.m. on Twitch.
No. 11 seed Western Illinois vs. No. 6 seed UConn, first spherical, 2029 NCAA match
Sport: No. 11 seed Western Illinois vs. No. 6 seed UConn, first spherical, 2029 NCAA match
How to be aware: My Twitch channel. You don’t wish to register for the relaxation to be aware, but you attach wish to register for an tale to observation. Attain it, it’s stress-free.
Date: Sunday, Sept. 13 at 8: 30 p.m. ET on Twitch.
Tip-off time: 8: 30 p.m. ET
If we resolve: We’ll face the winner of No. 3 seed Maryland vs. No. 14 seed Samford in the spherical of 32 straight following the predominant spherical sport.
I’ll peek you Sunday. Lunge ‘Necks.