|Venue: Hampden Stadium, Glasgow Date: Sun, 11 Oct Kick-off: 19: 45 BST|
|Coverage: Live on BBC Radio Scotland and online.|
Midfielder Callum McGregor is confident Scotland is rarely any longer going to war to evoke themselves for Nations League responsibility after the jubilation of their “enormous 2d” towards Israel.
Steve Clarke’s facet host Slovakia on Sunday, three days after a penalty shootout rob earned them a Euro 2020 play-off final in Serbia subsequent month.
Scotland high Nations League Crew B2 with four good points from two games.
McGregor mentioned the squad has “a staunch sense of happiness and togetherness”.
The Celtic midfielder, 27, added: “I’m hoping it goes the different route and everyone would per chance be fresh.
“The boys bounced on to the training pitch on Saturday morning doubtlessly feeling higher than they’d gain achieved in the event that they had misplaced the sport.
“It used to be a large 2d for the gamers and doubtlessly the first success the community has had collectively.”
Slovakia, who edged previous the Republic of Eire on penalties on Thursday to stable a European Championship play-off towards Northern Eire, are backside of the percentage after assist-to-assist defeats.
- Nations League aloof ‘value it’ – Clarke
- U21 captain McCrorie joins name-ups
- Slovakia & Czechs depleted by definite checks
Aberdeen midfielder Ross McCrorie and defender Andy Considine, as properly as Hibernian fleshy-assist Paul McGinn, gain been given their first Scotland name-united statesfor the Slovakia match and Czech Republic sport three days later.
The hosts live without midfielder Stuart Armstrong, who tested definite for Covid-19, and forward Ryan Christie and fleshy-assist Kieran Tierney who’re self-isolating having been in end proximity.
Injured defenders Liam Palmer and Scott McKenna, plus striker Oliver Burke, additionally withdrew from the squad sooner than the Israel sport.
Slovakia winger Jaroslav Mihalik and defender Milan Skriniar leave out out after definite Covid-19 checks. Midfielder Stanislav Lobotka is one other absentee as he is in quarantine alongside with his Napoli staff-mates.
What the managers affirm
Scotland head coach Steve Clarke: “Slovakia are a appropriate staff, appropriate gamers and esteem ourselves lacking one or two gamers who would possibly per chance per chance gain been starting for them and they additionally had 120 minutes the different night and a penalty shoot-out.
“Presumably they are going to invent one or two changes, I imagine they gain well suited misplaced one other participant to Covid-19 in declare that is an on-going trouble for every country which now we prefer to manage with.”
Slovakia coach Pavel Hapal: “We’re looking ahead to Scotland to be a miniature bit of bit drained as properly. On the different hand, they managed to play a entire bunch appropriate games with a entire bunch bodily and practically aggressive games every so often.
“So they know that after they prefer to push their gamers they are ready to create so. We can create their most spicy to present the total abilities now we gain and we imagine that it will almost definitely be very appropriate sport and the principle element would possibly per chance per chance well be to lift some good points home.”
What the stats affirm
- Scotland and Slovakia’s handiest old conferences were in 2018 World Cup qualifying, with every aspects picking up a house victory.
- In the handiest old meeting between Scotland and Slovakia at Hampden Park, the Scots won 1-0 with the winner an 89th minute have confidence aim by defender Martin Skrtel.
- Scotland gain won four of their six Nations League games (D1 L1), finding the web in all six suits, even supposing they’ve handiest kept two neat sheets.
- Slovakia are yet to rob away from home in the Nations League (D1 L2), while failing to fetch in two of their three games on the avenue (well suited one away aim in total).
- John McGinn has scored seven targets in his final seven begins one day of all competitions for Scotland, with all but one amongst those coming at Hampden Park.