This article will show you how to adjust the screen brightness on a Windows 10 PC using the keyboard. This is a simple and quick way to change the screen to dark or light as needed, which can be done without having to go through all the settings. With just a few keystrokes on your keyboard, you can adjust the screen brightness to your liking.
1. Look for the correct keys on the keyboard. Windows 10 allows you to adjust the brightness using hot keys (keys used not for typing, but for issuing commands) on the keyboard. This hotkey is marked with two different images of the Sun, one for increasing and one for decreasing brightness. Find this button on your keyboard to start the process.
- Hotkeys may vary slightly on different computers. This button is often displayed with a full sun (subtract) and an empty sun (zoom in), or a sun with beams of light (subtraction) and streaks of light (zoom in).
- The button can also be an up or down arrow indicating whether to increase or decrease the brightness of the screen.
- These hotkeys can be placed in different places on each keyboard. Look out for the left and right arrow keys or function keys (F1, F2, etc.) located on the top half of the keyboard.
2. Hold down the “Fn” key on your keyboard. The screen brightness hotkey is not the only button for adjusting the brightness level. Therefore, you should also press and hold Fn while adjusting the screen brightness.
3. Press the appropriate hotkey . While holding down the Fn key , press the appropriate hotkey to increase or decrease screen brightness .