If you wish to visit Canada, you will need a visa or Electronic Travel Authorization. You need to fill out a form to get both, although there are many visa forms. After applying, you must wait to see if the visa is approved.
#1. Make sure you need
1. Check if you need a visa to visit Canada. Not everyone needs to apply for a visa. US citizens, for example, do not need it. Visit the Government of Canada website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp, “Find out if you need a visa” . the following questions: answer. : Questions that arise. After pressing “Go” you will see information whether you need a visa or not.
- Please note that whether you require a visa or not, you must have a valid passport to visit Canada.
2. Check if you need an ETA. Canada is also introducing another type of travel authorization that was introduced in March 2016. This is called the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) and only applies to residents of certain countries. For example, if you are coming from Australia, you will need this permit. When searching for visa information, also check if you need an eTA.
3. Make sure you have a valid reason for your trip. One of the most common reasons for obtaining a visa is to travel as a tourist. You can also get a business visa. Finally, you can apply for a visa to visit your children or grandchildren.
- You can apply for a supervised parent or grandparent even if you don’t need one to visit Canada; This visa allows you to travel for a maximum of 2 years.
#2. Apply for a visitor visa online
1. Research your qualifications. To ensure you can apply for a visa, use the Eligibility Calculator website. This method does not guarantee that you can obtain a visa, but it can assess your general visa eligibility.
- The system will ask you about travel time, travel time, country of origin and even marital status.
- If you are applying for a paper visa, you can download the application and then print it out. A reading aid will help you fill out the form.
2. make a list. After answering the eligibility questions, you will be asked a series of questions and asked to create a list of documents. You must answer questions about the reason for travel, whether you work, whether you have been involved in a crime, whether you have had a medical examination in the past year, and other questions.
3. collect documents. Required documents vary by country of origin. Some common documents are a valid passport and itinerary information such as airline tickets and itineraries. You must prove that you are in good health by enclosing a copy of your doctor’s appointment for a medical examination.
- You may be required to provide proof of income, e.g. B. a bank statement or a payslip.
- You must also fill in the “Family” column, which includes a Canadian resident family.
- In addition, there may be an information section about your trips abroad in the last 10 years with passport, visa, work permit or study permit.
4. Prepare additional information for the Supervise. If you are applying for a parent or grandparent supervising visa, you will need to prove that you are the parent or grandparent. Include birth certificates or baptismal certificates of children or grandchildren. You must also include a letter from the child or grandchild detailing custody responsibilities and the number of family members in their household.
- You or your child must prove that the child or grandchild earns more than the minimum income required by the website. For example, if a household member had income greater than $23,861 in 2015.
- Before applying for a visa, you must present an insurance policy issued by a Canadian insurance company certifying that you are covered during your stay there. Sum insured must exceed $100,000 and is valid for multiple trips within Canada.
5. prepare photos. You must take a passport photo. Image resolution not less than 420 x 540 pixels . The size of color photos in JPG format is 60-240 kilobytes.
6. Download all information. Each document must be scanned and uploaded to a computer, including photos.
7. To register. During the compliance process you will receive a personal reference number. Create an account with the system and enter your personal reference number when prompted. If you haven’t received it, use the same link to request a number.
8. Pay the fees. In 2015 it cost 100 Canadian dollars. You can pay through the online payment system on the site.
- Fees may vary depending on the country of origin. Depending on your country of origin, you may be charged a fee for fingerprinting and photography.
- You can save money by applying for a family visa. However, it only makes sense if the family consists of 5 or more people.
- Even if you apply for a visa on paper, you can still pay online and the payment is made before the visa application. However, you can pay with an accepted money order or check addressed to a general payee in Canada. Include a copy of proof of payment or a copy of the money order with your visa application.
9. Fill out the form. You need to fill out a form with documents and enter information about personal data. You must also upload a photo.
- Submit the form in the specified section. If you are submitting a paper form, find the submission address on the website. You must have a location in your country and find the location. Submit your application here.
10. received confirmation. You will receive a receipt from the employee who accepts the request. Remember to check the spam section. Also note whether your application will be accepted or rejected, which is usually communicated by email. The period may vary for each request, but the maximum period is 70 days.
11. Follow the instructions below. Once approved, you will most likely need to present your passport for a visa. An email or authorization letter will contain additional information.
#3. Estimated Time Of Arrival. apply for
1. Understand the difference between an eTA and a visitor visa. Not as difficult as an eTA visa. You must apply online.
2. Find out what you need. You must have an email address before submitting. You will also need a credit card and a valid passport.
3. Fill the form. The form contains questions about general information about your trip, such as land or air arrivals. There is also the question of the country of origin. In addition, you must provide your personal information and passport information. Finally, you must declare that you have provided correct information.
4. Pay the fee and log into the application. In 2015 it only cost 7 Canadian dollars. Pay online when you apply.
5. Wait for authorization. Unlike Visa, you will get an immediate response. In fact, you can get a response in less than 5 minutes after submitting your application.